Did you know Burwood citizens have access to some of the best dental clinics in the country? It’s true! Whether you’re looking to visit the dental practice Burwood for a routine checkup or more specialized treatments, there are some of the best dentists that can help you. There are around 15,000 different dental services available across Australia, of which 100 clinics are in Burwood.
According to the Australian Dental Association, almost 60% of Australians visit the dentist yearly. It shows that people are conscious of their oral health, so many people may visit the dental practice in Burwood to maintain their teeth!
Some of the most common oral treatments that people of Burwood get are:
– Dental checkups and teeth cleaning: Did you know that you should visit the dentist at least once every six months? It is to ensure that your teeth and gums are healthy. They will check for cavities or other problems during a routine checkup. They will give you advice on how to maintain your teeth after cleaning your teeth to remove plaque or tartar buildup. The average price of a regular dental checkup in Burwood is $50.
– Fillings: If you have a cavity, the dentist will most likely recommend a filling. It is an uncomplicated procedure where the dentist will remove the decayed part of the tooth and then fill it. Different fillers are available, such as amalgam (silver), composite (tooth-coloured), and gold.
The average price of a filling in Burwood is $100, so it would be advisable to have dental insurance to cover the cost.
– Root canals: A root canal is a procedure to treat an infected tooth and its roots. The dentist will treat and remove the infected tissue and fill the tooth with a root and tooth filling. This treatment generally saves a tooth when a simple filling isn’t enough. It would cost you more as the average price of a root canal in Burwood is $200.
– Dental crowns: A dental crown covers a damaged or decayed tooth. The crown seems like a natural tooth and is usually made of porcelain. Its average cost in Burwood starts from $650.
– Dental implants: If you’re missing a tooth, you may want to consider getting an implant. It is a surgical treatment where the dentist will place a metal post or screw in your jawbone and then attach an artificial tooth to it. The average cost of a dental implant in Burwood is $3500, which is why it’s one of the more expensive treatments.
What is the primary cause of dental problems?
Did you know that Australia has one of the highest rates of sugar consumption in the world? And it’s not just the kids overeating sugar – adults are eating just as much! It is one of the significant causes of such problems, such as cavities and tooth decay.
Other causes include:
– Poor oral hygiene: Most people are notorious for not brushing their teeth regularly. Plaque and tartar can form on dirty teeth, causing cavities, gum disease, and bad breath.
Smoking is one of the worst things you can do for your teeth. It stains your teeth, causes gum disease, and increases your risk of oral cancer.
– Dry mouth: This is a condition where you don’t have enough saliva in your mouth. Medications or medical conditions often cause it.
If you’re concerned about your dental health, make sure to visit a reputed clinic in Burwood. They can help you with all your oral health needs. With their expertise, you can be sure that your teeth will stay healthy and sparkling for years to come!